Art is more than just crayons and paper. Make home-made play dough and finger paint with shaving cream for easy art projects that are inexpensive –and– fun .
- Homemade Playdough
- Martha Stewart: Making Play Dough with Kids
- Play Dough Cookies Recipe
- Playdough Recipe
- Salt Dough Play Doh
Bubbles may not be traditional art, but they sure are fun! Use home-made bubble formulas for long-lasting bubbles, make bubble wands, and discover the color rainbow in each bubble.
- Bubble Formulas
- Simple Formulae for Bubbles
- Bubble Fun
- NWF: Bubble Fun
- Bubble Wands
- Curious George: Bubble Stuff
Sometimes there is no need for a brush when fingers will do. Try these finger painting ideas to keep your child’s imagination soaring!
- Finger Paint Math
- Finger Painting and Feather Painting with Nature
- Homemade Edible Finger Paint Recipe
These handouts have lots of recipes for home-made art supplies such as bubbles, play dough, silly putty, and more.