Talk about when to wash hands. Make a hand washing chart and put stickers on it for each time you and your child wash hands together.
You and your child should wash hands:
- Before preparing or eating food
- After going to the bathroom
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has gone to the bathroom
- Before and after tending to someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling an animal or animal waste
- After handling garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
Click here to read today’s book. When you visit this website tomorrow there will be a new book for you to enjoy. Visit your local library to take home a copy of this book or click here to find your local public library. Check here to see what books are coming next or look back on what we’ve read so far this year.
Have fun with a Hand Clapping Rhyme!
Clap your hands 1, 2, 3
Clap your hands just like me.
Roll your hands 1, 2,3
Roll your hands, just like me!
How to Wash Your Hands!
- Hand Washing Chart – Print a clean hands club chart for everyone in the family. Color or put a sticker in each box after you wash your hands.