Daily cleaning routines don’t have to be a chore! You can make hand-washing into a time for singing, brushing teeth into a dance routine, and bath-time into a play-and-bonding time. The websites below feature ways to keep you and your child healthy.
Find out about children’s health topics, from fire safety to obesity prevention.
- Text 4 Baby
Sign up to receive free text messages with information to help families during pregnancy and up until the baby’s first birthday.
- Family Time Activities
Try out these family activities to help you and your children spend quality time together.
- KidsHealth First Aid & Safety
Discover tips for home safety, first aid, outdoors safety, and safety away from home.
- Medline Plus
Use Medline Plus to get trusted information about health topics and medicine. Includes videos and cool tools for you and your family to learn more!
- Nick Jr. Basic Tooth Care for Preschoolers
Find tips and techniques for keeping preschoolers’ teeth healthy.
- Keeping Your Child’s Teeth Healthy
Learn more on how to keep your child’s teeth healthy and clean.
- Brush Up on Healthy Teeth
Discover simple steps to keep your kids smiling.
- Mr. Brush and the Singing Teeth
- Sesame Street: Bert’s Physical
Watch these videos with your child to make going to the doctor a less scary experience.
- Scrub Club Coloring Pages
Print these pages and color the pictures for a fun way to learn about the proper steps to washing your hands.
- Take Care of Baby Game
Be a good helper and take care of the Nick Jr. babies.
- Blue’s Checkup Game
Help Blue go to the doctor by picking the right instrument!
Find out why hand washing is so important, sing a song while you wash, and make a piece of art to remind your child to wash their hands well every time!
- Help your children become good “hand washers for good health.”
- Why is Hand Washing So Important?
- Wash Hands song with Danielle Howle
- Antibacterial Soap vs. Plain Soap: Which is Better?
- Hand Washing Mobile
- Hand Washing Tips
Great books to read with your child about bath time, hand washing, brushing teeth, and more can be found in the links below!
Super Star Hand Washer
Hand Washing Song
Check out this song all about washing your hands and read the lyrics to sing along!
Wash your hands!
When do I wash?
- Before eating.
- After using the bathroom (or helping your child do so, or changing a diaper).
- After playing outside or with pets.
- Any time hands look dirty.
How do I wash?
- Use warm water and soap.
- Wet hands and apply soap.
- Rub your hands with the soap. Make sure you show your child how to rub soap on all areas of the hand, including the backs, in between fingers, and under nails.
- Rinse hands with warm water and dry with a towel.
- If you are using a public restroom, use the paper towel to turn off the faucet.
How long should I wash?
- Wash for about 15 seconds. You can count the seconds, OR sing “Happy Birthday” twice